You must complete your enrolment before you can book. Enrolment takes 10-15 minutes and we recommend that you locate the information below before you begin:
- A CRN for you and your child. This is issued by Centrelink and determines Child Care Subsidy (CCS) entitlements. You do not need a CRN but you will pay full fees without it. CRN and Date of Birth must be entered correctly for you and your child, and errors will prevent CCS being paid.
- A photo of your child.
- A recent statement of your child's immunisation history (downloadable from myGov - My Health Record)
- Information on any special conditions applying to your child. If there is a custody order, we need this document. If your child has asthma, anaphylaxis or an allergy, we need a recent action plan signed by a doctor. Common action plans can be found here
- Phone number and address for your child's doctor, for each parent / guardian and for two other contacts who can be notified in an emergency. You can add other contacts if you wish. Service providers check identification when collecting your child.
If you wish to claim Child Care Subsidy you will also need to sign a Complying Written Arrangement (CWA).
If parts of your enrolment are incomplete, these are identified by the icon. You cannot make bookings until your enrolment is complete.
We will review if special conditions apply to your child, so please be patient if we ask for further information. Contact us if you need help.
You can find your school or holiday program via the icon on the dashboard menu. For easy future retrieval, use the icon to add the school as a favourite.
- Select the school to see what's on. Select a session to view times, prices and availability, then select your child and book. Repeat as needed for each child. Use the Add or Remove Multiple Bookings button to make recurring bookings.
- If you are not able to book, the reason will display clearly in red letters. The most common reason we see is insufficient emergency contacts.
- Use the icon to see past and future bookings for each child at each school. Open bookings here to see session information, and also to remove the booking if needed.
If applicable, we send an email on the hour to confirm your booking activity for that hour. We also send an email each Saturday morning to notify you of upcoming attendances for the week ahead. Please contact us if you have questions about your activity or attendances.
We issue statements fortnightly in arrears, and you can make anytime payments of any amount.
- We ask for a debit or credit card and store this card with SecurePay, owned by Australia Post. We debit your stored card on the specified date for the amount owed - it's our “set and forget” method.
- Our set and forget method works similar to a Direct Debit facility, and payments will deduct automatically from your bank account if you supply a valid DEBIT card displaying a VISA or MASTERCARD logo. Most banks can issue these cards if you ask, often at no cost.
- Adding or updating a stored card is easy. We charge $1 against the card to validate it, and credit the proceeds to your LookedAfter account for spending.
- A 1.7% surcharge applies to card transactions, reflecting direct transaction processing charges we incur from SecurePay. The surcharge is calculated based on the gross transaction amount.
- You can pay by POLi (internet banking) if you prefer, even if you added a stored card. POLi is owned by Australia Post, the owner of SecurePay. You will be prompted to enter your internet banking login details, but these are not sent to (or seen by) LookedAfter.
- LookedAfter account holders without a debit or credit card can contact us to request a waiver. If approved, you will be able to make bookings without a stored card although you might be asked to make a payment in advance.
You can see your statements via the icon within your account, and the Transactions History page shows all account transactions and a real-time account balance.
Our Fee Tiers & Policies page explains fee tiers and associated policies applying within LookedAfter.
Our Helpdesk page provides answers to common account holder questions, including on Child Care Subsidy.
LookedAfter does not set session prices or policies for each school; these are set by the relevant service provider. As such, we can clarify information about prices and policies but any requests or feedback about these policies will be passed on to the service provider to respond.